Subject: CVE-2024-40934: HID: logitech-dj: Fix memory leak in logi_dj_recv_switch_to_dj_mode()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

HID: logitech-dj: Fix memory leak in logi_dj_recv_switch_to_dj_mode()

Fix a memory leak on logi_dj_recv_send_report() error path.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40934 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4.257 with commit cf48a7ba5c09 and fixed in 5.4.279 with commit 15122dc140d8
	Issue introduced in 5.10.195 with commit e38a6f12685d and fixed in 5.10.221 with commit caa9c9acb93d
	Issue introduced in 5.15.132 with commit 4fb28379b3c7 and fixed in 5.15.162 with commit a0503757947f
	Issue introduced in 6.1.53 with commit 6e5960954151 and fixed in 6.1.95 with commit 789c99a1d7d2
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 6f20d3261265 and fixed in 6.6.35 with commit f677ca8cfefe
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 6f20d3261265 and fixed in 6.9.6 with commit 1df2ead5dfad
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 6f20d3261265 and fixed in 6.10 with commit ce3af2ee9517
	Issue introduced in 6.4.16 with commit 144becd79c19
	Issue introduced in 6.5.3 with commit 00ab92481d3a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40934
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hid/hid-logitech-dj.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/15122dc140d82c51c216535c57b044c4587aae45
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/caa9c9acb93db7ad7b74b157cf101579bac9596d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a0503757947f2e46e59c1962326b53b3208c8213
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/789c99a1d7d2c8f6096d75fc2930505840ec9ea0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f677ca8cfefee2a729ca315f660cd4868abdf8de
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1df2ead5dfad5f8f92467bd94889392d53100b98
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ce3af2ee95170b7d9e15fff6e500d67deab1e7b3